domenica 4 giugno 2023

"The Capo's Boy" di Aja Foxx

 




TRAMA


~ Nicky ~
I never intended to be a mobster's secret lover, but somehow I found myself in that position. It's been two years now and I can't say I hate it. It only becomes a problem when Vinnie's family tries to marry him off to someone else. I may be his little secret, but I refuse to be his side-piece.

When I find myself on the run, fearing for my life, I'm not sure who I can turn to, especially when I'm not positive Vinnie isn't behind the threats to my life. I was his dirty little secret and if he wants to get married, it made sense for him to get rid of me first. I just don't think I can take the fact that the man I love wants me dead.

~ Vinnie ~
He was supposed to be a one-night stand, but that turned into a week, and then a month, and then two years. Before I knew it, Nicky was engrained in my very soul. I would do anything for him, protect him from anyone, even the dangerous life I live.

When he ran from me, I knew I should let him go for his sake, but I can't. Being the caporegime of my mafia crime family means nothing to me without Nicky at my side. If I can figure out who is trying to kill him, I just might be able to bring him home. I just have to find him first.


RECENSIONE

Torno all'attacco con un altro dark, mafia, M/M romance, intrigata dalla trama e dalla copertina 😍. 

Vinnie, capo regime mafioso, è costretto dalla sua famiglia a prendere moglie, dovendo rinunciare a Nicky, il suo amante. Nicky sapeva che stava prestando il suo corpo in cambio di soldi, ma non aveva fatto i conti con i sentimenti. Quindi si ritrova a scappare, dopo aver chiuso quella relazione basata sui benefici. 
Vinnie non accetta né l'unione imposta e tanto meno la scomparsa dell'uomo che ama: farà di tutto per riprenderselo. 

Da qui inizia una storia d'amore iniziata superficialmente ma che poi matura nel tempo. Vinnie ha sempre voluto proteggere il suo uomo da quel mondo crudo e criminale, anche a rischio di incomprensioni. 

Vinnie ha un gran cuore, conosce i suoi dipendenti e li aiuta a trovare la loro strada. Inoltre trova spesso supporto dalla sua famiglia per prendere decisioni importanti o per ricevere un consiglio. È un mafioso insolito, ma proprio per questo molto affascinante. Nicky è stato l'amante trofeo del mafioso, ma da subito si evince la sua risolutezza, e l'orgoglio che caccia fuori per risollevarsi è geniale. 

È una narrazione accattivante, a ritmo elevato, dove le sorprese non finiscono mai. Vinnie e Nicky avranno molte battaglie da fronteggiare, proprio per questo è difficile staccarsi dal romanzo. 



Voto totale ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 


COSTO


E-book: 5,44 EUR 
Disponibile su Kindle Unlimited